Friday, September 26, 2008

wedding face

Has anyone else noticed that wedding make-up and hair is often really old-fashioned and boring? Just because you're getting married doesn't mean that you shouldn't look like the rock star you are and throw all style consciousness out the window. It always looks so matronly and unnatural - like an older aunt who isn't up on the latest fashion trends. And the hair...its almost unspeakable sometimes. You spend a year painstakingly growing out your gorgeous hair only to have it curled, sprayed and pinned in ringlety curls Gone with the Wind style! So I'm on a quest to find natural and young looking pictures with wedding faces that glow! After all, getting married doesn't mean your whole style has to be gone with the wind. Here is what I've found so far.

I'm liking Hillary Duff's style. I'm feeling pretty partial to one or the other of these pics right now. Her make-up in the first one is young and fresh looking and not too much for a wedding face. I really like her hair in both pictures. Maybe the top one can be for my practice wedding and the long, beachy waves can be for my beach wedding! Now to decide on the colour...hmmm...

This pic of Mischa Barton is stunning. I love the glowiness of her face here. She looks so ethereal. And her up-do is pretty great too. Because there are no ringlety curls!

Natalie Portman is a great one to channel if you are still angling after that classic look. She does it really well. Somehow she manages to keep herself looking young and fashionable while every inch a hollywood leading lady. Of course it helps to have her cheekbones..eyes...mouth...teensy tinsy nose...

I found this hair and make-up combo in the InStyle Wedding Fall 2008 issue. I'm intrigued by the possiblity of having a beachy, casual up-do for the ceremony and letting your hairs loose for the party! Its like a bridal mullet....business up front and party in the back....the best of both worlds! Now that I've compared it to a mullet I have a feeling no one is going to want to choose it. I'm terribly sorry... I just couldn't resist. But her make-up is very nice as well. And has anyone else noticed the braided hair trend happening on The HIlls this season?!

No comments: