Wednesday, December 24, 2008

christmas-y centerpieces

Over the past few weeks, I've been commissioned to do some Christmas centerpieces. Looking online for inspiration, I can hardly find anything without pine branches, tea lights and poinsettias in it. I just really REALLY wanted to do something different - a modern, stylish take on Christmas, if that's possible? So, daring to break out of the little box of pine needles and poinsettias, here's what I came up with. What do you think? I sure do love parrot tulips and red berries. I have to admit, I was feelin' the woes of Larry David while making these arrangements. Apparently, every time he embarked on writing an episode of Seinfeld, he would almost bawl his eyes out because he didn't know what to write about (hence the fact the show is about nothing). With the lack of modern Christmas flower inspiration, it took me some serious, and yes at times stressful, brainstorm and sketching sessions to come up with something I was happy with. I'm pleased with how they turned out. I'm sure Larry is also pleased with how Seinfeld turned out too!



on one side, parrot tulips, pin cushion and green orchid

and the other side...


i love the bare bones look of the red winter berry branches...


another arrangement for a dear family friend...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melanie Bloomer (Did you notice that short is Mel B!?),

How do you continue to amaze me? I really mean it. You've got a gift, all 3 Bloomers do!

Your biggest fan.