Monday, January 26, 2009

ketubah crisis!

I've been scouring the web for a Ketubah {Jewish marriage contract} design that suits my fancy. Its not an easy task! Most are kind of hokey and would most definitely NOT be found gracing my wall. It took me a looong while but I was able to come up with some designs that definitely better suit my style. I can't tell you how happy I am right now to know that there are at least a few others out there designing Ketubahs with the modern couple in mind!
Tsilli Pines was a bride just like me who was not very happy with her choices out there. I guess being a graphic designer helped because she made her own really awesome one! Her friends liked what she did and a new biz was born! You can order her creations from her online store New Ketubah. Here are some examples from her collection.


This home-made Ketubah was posted on Something Old, Something New. Me likey...

I also like the idea of just having plain Hebrew text on some nice paper. Some of the old text is so beautiful...it is art in itself. I found this simple one from The Design Lab that was kind of what I was thinking of but I would like to put it on some beautiful paper. You know how you can spend hours drooling over paper in stationary shops but you can't quite justify it because you don't really know what you'd use it for? Well I'd use it for this!

No comments: