Saturday, August 9, 2008

role reversal - planning my own wedding!

So, I’m getting married in Israel next year. What a strange place the Holy Land is for planning a wedding. The guests apparently wear jeans, they laugh at the idea of seating plans, they don’t give guest favors, they roll their eyes at spending too much money on flowers and décor but they very willingly pay over $10,000 just to rent the venue alone! And I'm not even going to mention the guest list....OY! Not exactly an easy task for a wedding planner who doesn't speak hebrew and has spent the last few years collecting wild, whimsical and wacky ideas for her own future wedding! But prevail I shall...I'll keep you posted on my continuing saga!

Luckily we (ok…so maybe me!) have decided to hold a “Wee Practice Wedding” a month before our real one for all our friends & fam who aren’t keen on the whole Holy Land thing. My mission is to have the event of my wildest, warped and wacky dreams on the most ridiculously teensy tiny budget imaginable. I don’t think future Mr. Husband quite knows what he is in for (hee hee!) but here is a sneak peak of just a few of the things that have been inspiring me.



Oh how I love the big hair and veil!


Yummy old-fashioned (teal!) armchair found online at www.dkimages.com/.../Furniture-623.html


Oh so cute table for two!

Who doesn't want a vintage popcorn maker?! You can rent a similar one from Hart Entertainment or Woodbridge Party Centre . But I think I might just buy my own!


No comments: