Monday, August 25, 2008

wee wedding wonderful

I am no longer considered a "newlywed" as of today - it is my one-year anniversary! But I wanted to show some of my wedding photos here to reflect on the amazing day. The wedding was both planned and designed by inBloom Events + Design - and although it was a small backyard affair, and a little rainy to boot, it certainly didn't lack on beauty and charm.

After the wedding, to our surprise, we received a thank you note from one of our guests! The note captured the essence of the wedding we were trying to portray, and it said "I have never enjoyed a wedding as much as yours. I came home on a 'high'. Were you trying to be unique yet simple? You succeeded! From my point of view, your setting, background, environment, food, music, guests, were perfect!! It was filled with love, joy, and acceptance. It was whimsical, like a fairy-tale come true." We were so happy that our guests "got" what we were trying to do! Weddings don't have to be elaborate, expensive free-for-alls, but they can be simple and charming and warm and fun. Sneak a peek at my 'wee wedding' and see what I mean...


2 comments:

ParkE said...

Hi! LOVELY wedding!!!! Could you tell me where this wedding was held at? Im currently looking for a location to do a tent wedding and havent been too successful...

Thanks!

{and inBloom Event Design} said...

Hi there and thanks so much! The wedding was actually held at a personal residence. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you much. Good luck with your hunt for a location!