Tuesday, November 30, 2010

DIY Blinds!

Remember the post from awhile ago, where I found out how to make your own Roman Blinds for cheap {thanks to the Little Green Notebook blog}? So, Lynn Bloomer and I tried it out on my new house! I ordered some beauty fabric from Tonic Living, purchased two pairs of cheapo $3 blinds from Walmart. Total cost for 2 blinds = $56 (but I think I ordered too much fabric...so will make a table cloth out of that!). We definitely made some dumbo mistakes along the way, but it was so much fun and my new blinds look marvy. What do you think?

Step 1: Buy the crappy Walmart Blinds.


Step 2: Measure measure measure, cut cut cut (definitely open to dumbo errors)


Step 3: Uh oh what do we do next?! I don't get it!! Good thing Lynn Bloomer is an architect.

Step 4: Ohhh we have to cut out all the ladder-like strings


Step 5: Rrrriiip


Step 6: Oh my, I have glue stick envy


Step 7: Glue them together with the enviable glue stick!


Step 8: Put 'em up...ta da!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my design inspiration.
Sarah Richardson's got nothing on you!

joey said...

These are amazing! And your blog made me larf...great job Melanie Bloomer!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Awesome! I must try those no-sew romans too someday.

Lindsay said...

This is brilliant! Where did you find the instructions? The link you posted is broken.