Friday, February 12, 2010

be mine, valentine

I'm not really a fan of Valentine's Day. I didn't like it when I was single, and I still don't really like it now that I'm married. It just seems too contrived, too forced to do something nice for a loved one on a designated day. I don't think I'm alone in my thinking here. I had a single friend traveling to Australia from the US and scheduled the long flight so that she set out on February 13th, and landed in Sydney on February 15th...and conveniently missed V-day altogether! Brilliant!

All of that said, I have seen some pretty cute Valentines on the web that are a bit more unconventional, or perhaps 'un-Hallmarky' that just might change my mind about this holiday.

Teeny, mini Valentines letters and packages! How adorable!
By The World's Smallest Postal Service {via Design*Sponge}


Not sure what you would use this for, but I thought it was cute...
by Something's Hiding in Here {via Oh So Beautiful Paper}


Sweet matchbox candy Valentines by Inchmark

You know my fascination for typography! A lovely poster by Uppercase.


Cute embroidered hankies from Lou Lou and Oscar {via Oh So Beautiful Paper}

Atypical, stalkerish Valentines cards from Bittersweet Projects.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: